Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mom, I want some more! Are we talking about more pizza? Possibly. More ice cream? Definite possibility! But more oatmeal??????!!!!! I couldn't believe my ears! And to top it all off - everyone in the family enjoyed the oatmeal. That was music to my ears as I have been wanting to start having hot cereal more often since it is healthier and less expensive than the alternatives. I have to say that yesterday's oatmeal was the best I have ever tasted. So even I am more motivated to make it. All I need to do now is to translate the recipe into crock pot form and breakfast will be a simple affair.

I just mixed all ingredients in a kettle, brought it to a boil and cooked for 15 minutes. Of course, the heavy whipping cream on top added a delicious element but if that is what it takes for my family to eat oatmeal more often, I'll keep whipping cream on hand.

2 cups Oatmeal
4 cups Water
Salt to taste
1-1/2 tablespoons Cinnamon (Adjust to taste)
1/3 cup Brown sugar (Adjust to taste)
1 apple, peeled and diced

I plan to add a little flax meal but I need to buy some seeds.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I can get mine to eat it with half and half...and it's about half the fat of whipping cream (they have fat free too, but I'm not sure what's in that stuff!)

Three Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide