Monday, April 12, 2010

Who Am I? – All About Reading Book 2


All About Learning, producer of All About Spelling, is getting ready to introduce the second reader in their All About Reading series. It is called Who Am I? The stories are about 10 pages long with much more reading on each page than in All About Reading Book 1 which I reviewed
here. Who Am I? follows the same sequence as All About Spelling Level 2.


There is definitely a variety of stories in this book. The story about the snakes getting loose in the pet shop was kind of creepy, but I bet a boy would love it. Then there are stories about robots, skunks, horses, and more. There is even a chapter with poems.

I found the words to be on a good level but some such as “emit” and “silt pond” were unfamiliar in use to my kindergartner. But it makes a great opportunity for a vocabulary lesson even at this early age.

 

This book is a perfect fit for my 6-year old daughter who is reading at about a 2nd grade level. And she likes the stories.

You can read here what other Crew members experienced and be watching for the unveiling of this new reader.

Disclosure:This product was provided to our family for free as members of the 2009-2010 Old Schoolhouse Magazine Homeschool Crew. No further compensation was received. Reviews and opinions expressed in this blog are my own.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to see this book! Kjersten loves the Beehive Reader. It's been read again and again here. I'm off to see what her website says about a release date... :)

Three Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide