Sunday, February 21, 2010

Math Mammoth Golden Series Algebra 1

I have to tell you up front that this review is going to particularly biased. I have been using Math Mammoth products for several years and really like them. The customer services has also always been fast and beyond satisfactory. I appreciate the author's dedication to ensuring that students truly understand the math concepts not just know how to complete the formulas. I also really like that word problems are heavily utilized.

I have experience with the Golden series, Blue series, and have just recently started the First Grade Light Blue Series. For this review I am using the Golden Series Algebra 1 worksheets. Math Mammoth's worksheet visual presentation is very crisp, something that I appreciate very  much. Here is a sample of what I mean. Math Mammoth is very generous with their samples which you can see more of on their website.

 

I use the Math Mammoth Golden Series when I have a student who needs extra practice in a topic or as summer review. They work well in these situations as no instruction should be needed by the student.

As with the whole Golden series, the Algebra 1 series has one topic per worksheet making it easy to pick the ones your student needs. Series A has 74 worksheets while Series B has 63 worksheets. The entire series costs $19 which is indicative of Math Mammoth's inexpensive pricing for all their products.

Visit here to read what other products the Homeschool Crew reviewed. Math Mamoth Golden series is a great way to give your students the extra practice they need and I highly recommend it.

Disclosure:This product was provided to our family for free as members of the 2009-2010 Old Schoolhouse Magazine Homeschool Crew. No further compensation was received. Reviews and opinions expressed in this blog are my own.

No comments:

Three Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide