Friday, December 25, 2015

Homeschooling: A Full Time Job

When I take on a project, I try to do it well. Homeschooling is no exception. Now that doesn’t mean I have it all figured out by a long shot. But each year I do my best to find the resources that my children need to increase their knowledge in the necessary areas. Researching those resources takes a lot of time and energy. And as anyone who has taught others knows, different people learn in different ways. So observing and then taking those characteristics into consideration while choosing material also takes time and energy. Then you actually have to implement the material which also takes time and energy.

So for those of you who are homeschooling, remember that this is your job. And there is a reason why you feel that there is very little time for other activities.

For those of you who think that homeschoolers should be able to drop everything at a moment’s notice, consider what all might be involved before being insulted when your friend says she can’t do something. It may be that she realizes she needs to guard her homeschool time so that she can do a quality job.

 

There is so much more I could say on the subject but I will leave it at this for now even though I feel I am not doing the subject justice at all. But at least it is food for thought.

No comments:

Three Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide