This week has been interesting. I have felt really good and have gotten a bunch of things accomplished.
- Cut up a bunch of celery and carrot sticks to keep in the fridge. It is so handy having them ready.
- Washed 3 heads of lettuce and put the leaves between paper towels in plastic bags. I am hoping this will help them stay fresh long enough for me to use them. Plus I was left with a bag ready for salad or green smoothies.
- Made a batch of bread which finally turned out good. The last couple batches had been too dry. I have no idea what I did differently.
- Cut up and packaged a ham ready for the freezer. That should give us about 7 meals. I like to use it in scrambled eggs, omelets, and macaroni and cheese.
- Thursday brought about my yogurt experiment. I used a whey-based drink mix in place of the milk and used an acidophilus capsule for the starter. That didn’t work at all. So I added 2 tablespoons of yogurt to the already hot “milk”. That didn’t set up but it will work in place of buttermilk. For the final batch I boiled new “milk” and added more yogurt and extra whey-based powder. It is currently in the fridge setting up. It looks pretty liquidy.
- Made refried beans to put in the freezer. I put it in 1-1/2 cup servings and use it in chili. I like them on tortillas with cheese but no one else does.
- Broke down a bunch of cardboard boxes.
- Read 3 books. This was a surprise as I can hardly get through a book these days.