Saturday, July 5, 2008

Yummy Meatloaf!!!

I made meatloaf again last night. I keep forgetting how yummy it is and that I should make it every week. I use about 1 pound ground beef and 3/4 pound pork sausage and make one loaf instead of two. I also add garlic. I like to serve it with mashed potatoes, gravy, steamed carrots, and rolls. The leftover meatloaf (if there is any) is excellent for sandwiches.

Double Meat Loaf
Quick Cooking Magazine, January/February 2006

1 egg
1 cup beef broth (or bouillon and water)
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1 tablespoon dried minced onion (I use regular onion run through the garlic press)
2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes (I never have used this as I don't have it)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1-1/2 pounds lean ground meat
1 pound bulk pork sausage

In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture; mix well. Pat into two greased 8-in x 4-in x 2-in loaf pans.

Cover and freeze one meat loaf for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining loaf, uncovered, at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160.

To use frozen meat loaf: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed.

No comments:

Three Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide