Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cheesy Broccoli Rice

I can't believe I haven't posted this before. (At least I couldn't find where I had.) It is so easy and our family really enjoys it.

Here is the original recipe but I have made a few modifications for our family.

3 cups water
3 cubes chicken bouillon

1 cup dry brown rice or converted white rice
1 cup frozen broccoli (pureed)
1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 to 4 Tbsp onion, chopped
1 tsp mustard
1 can chicken breast

Bring water and bouillon to boil. Add rest of ingredients and return to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes for white rice / 45-50 minutes for brown rice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll have to try this one on the kids. No, I haven't made the sloppy joes yet. Maybe this weekend? Anyhow, I wonder how this would go over here?

Three Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide